Saturday, November 16, 2019

DAY 214: Why Not Plug In?

I arrived today in a parkade for a all day music rehearsal. As I pulled into a parking spot, I saw a 120V electrical outlet on the post. Up until now, I've only used the J1772 adapter that came with my Tesla. But I carry the charging cord with me wherever I go.

So I thought, "Why not plug in?"  I mean, Sparky was going to be sitting there for about 6 hours. It was a great opportunity. Typically, I try to charge at work on Fridays, and by the time I go back to work on Monday, I've driven enough that my battery is at about 50%. But this will recover all the charge I expend travel to and from this location, plus top up more.

Another first was to see exactly how many kms/hour I get from a 120V outlet. The answer: 7! I would think that if I had my own place to park, plugging my car in all evening would give me plenty of charge to get me around for the week! This also means if I do find a rental that has a garage, I don't need to negotiate (or even pay for) a Level 2 charger. I can live with a regular wall outlet!

Glad I was able to finally give this a try. Too bad this won't work at home where  I have to park on the street.

********

Today's Odometre Reading: 33,746 kms


-->My Referral Code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)