Saturday, September 12, 2020

DAY 515: Tesla Shareholder Meeting, Here I Come!

 It seems I have trouble keeping up with a blog when I'm working from home at a busy job. It was one thing to be too mentally tired by the end of the day to blog. It's a whole other psychological burden when it's on the same computer as work, and I just want to look at something else for the evening!

But alas, time goes by much faster than I expect when I "forget" about this blog, and my, my has the news compounded!

First of all, as a Tesla shareholder from February 2016, I'M RICH!

Well, not exactly. But a 10x to 12x increase is pretty amazing for someone who bought her first stocks ever in Tesla. I saw the opportunity, saw a company that I wanted to be a part of, and since I couldn't afford a Model S at the time, this was my humble way to do it.

Last Monday, Tesla stocks went through a 5:1 split which essentially gave my shares more room to grow. Perhaps that hope of retiring early is not so far-fetched after all. All my "sins" of not contributing to my retirement fund while I was younger may find redemption in my leap of faith in Tesla.

*****

So this year, the Tesla shareholders meeting was postponed a couple times. I've always wanted to go, but this year of all years, was one year I thought there's no way I would be doing it. 

Then they announced that it would held on September 22, 2020 and be followed by Battery Day, and I seriously started considering it. I mean, did I want to miss a world-changing announcement? But because of COVID, they had to keep strict health restrictions and would limit the number of attendees by making the attendance based on a lottery draw.

Honestly, that was it. I wasn't going to go. But at the last minute, on August 30th (deadline was August 31st), I decided to sign up. I thought, at least this would give me a choice. And the chances are so slim, that it wouldn't hurt.

Well, I got the invite! And I couldn't be more excited. 


All of my qualms about going is now gone.... well, almost. 

The wildfires in California are out of control, and the whole west coast looks like it's up in flames. I'm taking a chance with my asthma to enter Fremont. I'm planning to stay in the hotel and only venture out in a taxi or an Uber.

****

So for now, that's all I'll report. I've been speaking with a company about getting PPF and Ceramic Coating done. But I'll just leave here with this youtube video of my road trip to Lake Louise. I just got back a couple days ago!


*****

Odometre Reading: 48,051 kms

184 days since COVID stay-at-home orders.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)