Saturday, May 18, 2019

Yes, Sparky is Now In My Possession.

Yes, well, I can't imagine ANYONE is following this blog, considering it has a pitifully low number of posts, and I haven't posted anything since... (gulp) August 2017.

What exactly was going on at that time with Tesla? The Model 3 wasn't even close to being in production! I think they were still ramping up battery production in preparation! Yeah, that's too long. Really... Sorry!

This is really just an update:

- Yes, I have my Tesla Model 3 (Day 34 of ownership)
- Yes, it is beyond my imagination how incredible the car is
- Yes, it hurt my bank account
- Yes, I spend way more time outside of my home now that I have the car.
- Yes, I want to share my experiences!

As I continue to use my car, I realize there is so much to share about ownership. And the experience can be different for each owner, which makes the discussions in the Tesla community so fascinating. It changes based on utility, climate and other environmental factors, political jurisdictions, preferences (duh!), gender (yes, I said it), and age.

I admit, I left most of the Tesla Facebook Groups that I followed intently before I took delivery of my Model 3. Leading up to the delivery, I was less discriminating of the advice and comments that were posted. Now that I have my Tesla, I've figured out which groups are personally more helpful, and have discovered that most of them really aren't (no shortage of trolls and smart mouths -- and people doing anything to get you to "click").

For me, I find that every few days, I learn something more about my Tesla, more about this activity that we call "commuting", and honestly, even more about myself. The part of the inner world that opens after getting a Tesla... is quite different.

And that's why I found myself back on this blog that I abandoned over 2 years ago. Tesla ownership has already changed me.

I'd imagine after I publish this post, NO ONE will read it. But I am going publish it anyway. There's just things that need to be put out there in the universe that I can't have locked in my head. So whether I post once a week, or I find myself with larger breaks, at least I have this -- a small whispering voice in a internet-filled sea of opinions and click-bait wars. I'm okay if I'm the only one that ends up reading this. There's something wonderful knowing that one day, "future me" will read about what I had to say, and maybe chuckle at my ignorance, or be reminded of advice long forgotten.

Oh, and here's the first and most important message to future me: You are loved. Never forget it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)