Monday, October 21, 2019

DAY 184: Tesla Envy

I dropped off my Tesla at the collision shop, 60 days after the accident. I'm using probably the best recommended Tesla-approved service shop, but I admit, I'm a bit nervous handing my car over to a non-Tesla shop. Then again, I'm not sure I feel safe with anyone tinkering around my Tesla.

But enough of that. Today I experienced something I haven't felt for a long time -- Tesla Envy.

I was given a 2019 Kia Forte rental to drive around for the next two weeks. This is the first time I've been in a gas car since I got my Tesla. It was unnerving. I was overwhelmed with buttons, and I still don't know how 3/4 of them work. I keep looking at my windshield wiper stalk wanting to put it in drive and reverse. I was scrambling to find the heat and defroster while my windows started fogging up. When they talked about the importance and stress-free experience of minimalist function, this is it. "Busy" doesn't work for me anymore.

So I could go on and on about how gutless this car is, and how it's now sinking in what an incredibly brilliant of a decision it was for me to purchase a Tesla. But when I saw another Tesla on the road from the driver's seat of this Kia, OOH! I got crazy jealous. I have always looked forward to driving Sparky every day. I've had this Kia for less than a day, and already I dread driving it.

And since I bought my Tesla, the population of Teslas in Vancouver has grown signficantly. I mean, at any point in my drive to work, I can turn my head and pick out a Tesla in the crowd. I watch how they zip along without a care in the world, and I'm sitting there turning up the volume to almost full capacity -- not because the car is loud, but the speakers SUUUUUUCK!

And I have this touchscreen... which-a-ma-call-it...

Yeah, it's gonna be a rough 10 days. I am going to probably cry when they call to let me know Sparky is ready for pick up. The love of my life is definitely missing right now.


*****

Today's Odometre Reading: 54,310 kms

Referral Code: https://ts.la/somi22310



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)