Tuesday, September 3, 2019

DAY 140: Sparky Got Cleaned Up Nice

I'm barely hanging on today having just arrived home yesterday. But I have this one day to take care of personal business before I head back to work tomorrow.

Number one errand today was to take care of my insurance claim and get my Tesla in for an appointment to get my panels repaired. I went to a Tesla-approved repair shop who specialize in exotic and high-end cars. I'm not used to having service like this, having owned a Honda most of my life. But they took care of me, took like a billion pictures of Sparky's "bad side" and then...

... oh I'm really happy about this! They had this special solution to clean up the scuff marks on my car! I mean, I have cleaned it off with my waterless wash I was carrying around with me, and then took it through the carwash yesterday on the way home. But the stuff they used... was magic!

Before and After Shots:



Now you can really see where the damage is.

It will be about 1.5 months before I will be able to bring the car in for servicing. I will likely have to drive a gas car around for a week (YUCK!). But it will get done.

I've sent all of the pictures and dashcam footage to ICBC. They will do all of the back and forth with the American rental company and figure out fault. It's likely not going to be my fault, but it's a waiting game at this point. The nice thing is, there's no waiting to get the repairs done. This is why we pay insurance!!

*****

There is so much that happened in the last 3 days of my road trip. Elephant seals, driving the coast of California and Oregon (which could not be done last year until the Supercharger network expanded there!). For now, pictures will have to do:







In a future post, I'll provide numbers for this trip. I'm sure it will be mind-blowing (for me, at least).

*****

The Tesla app was down for a few hours yesterday. It was a service interruption (which eventually the error message told us). I was absolutely amazed again at how functional the Tesla was without the app. I didn't even end up using my key card! The bluetooth connection, even with the app down and logged out, worked perfectly! Seriously, Tesla has thought through this and made sure their owners were not embarrassed by this technical glitch.

In the meantime.. I JUST got notice of a software update... could it be? Version 10? I'm accepting now! Stay tuned! *giddy*

*****

Today's Odometre Reading: 29,748

My referral code: somi22310


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)