Monday, September 9, 2019

DAY 146: This Amazing Road Trip With My Tesla

It has been 7 days since I returned from my road trip across the continent and back. I don't have a lot of numbers, as I really just wanted to focus on enjoying the journey. But here are a few:

34 days
140+ hours of driving time
16,369 kms (10,171 miles)
15 States and 3 Provinces
77 Supercharging stops (75 different supercharger locations)
$5 USD in charging costs (dammit Disneyland! You wrecked my zero record!)
8 Bucket Items checked off the list (share in a separate post)
Temperature highs of 47 and lows of 12 degrees Celsius (117 to 54 degrees Fahrenheit)



I say with utmost confidence that road tripping in a Tesla cannot compare to any other mode of transport. I am betting that only those who have genuinely driven a Tesla on a long haul road trip will understand where I'm coming from. Because it's not something you can experience in any other car. Even when I was waiting to buy my Tesla, fully endorsed and excited, I didn't get it until I took my first road trip. It's just nothing you've experienced before.

I was writing a post listing all of qualities in the Tesla that are uniquely relevant to long road trips. But as I did, the list just kept growing. I want to do it justice, so I'm going to try and capture my thoughts as they come to me throughout the day, and try to consolidate it into one post at a later date.

*****

My busy life has started this week. Rehearsals 3 evenings a week on top of a full time job. But I still find something wonderful every day about my Tesla, and the topics to write about are piling up. So fasten your seatbelts. I may keep them short and to the point from this point on.

*****

Still no Version 10. I don't believe anyone has it.

Confirmed is Cuphead, Car-aoke, Smart Summon, YouTube and Netflix while parked... this is going to be one epic update! Love it!

Let me think... what other vehicle gains new features for free after you purchase it?
C'mon... think, think, think...


*****

Today's Odometre Reading: 30,012 (broke a new milestone!)

My referral code: somi22310


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)