Wednesday, September 4, 2019

DAY 141: Sparky Gets an EV Parking Ticket

Today I returned back to work, excited to get back into my regular routine. This included charging my car for the day as I work at the office. It turns out the charging rules changed while I was gone. Four-hour limit.

So I got a ticket, not realizing this was the case -- despite the new sign on the wall that I did not notice. *sigh*


I am disputing the ticket on the grounds of ignorance, and hope they will let this go now that I know this is the case.

But now, I guess I'm going to be taking a walk at lunch to move my car... to park in a completely full parking lot by that time of the day. It also means parking to charge more often, now that I can only get in 4 hours worth of charging. This part, I'm not thrilled about. But this is what I pay for having complimentary charging. The inconvenience is what I will do in exchange for paying fuel costs. If this is all you had to do so that you would not pay gas, would you do it? With these gas prices, the answer for me is OF COURSE!

Am I upset that I have to do this? Not really when I consider the payoff. I'm more nervous that I will forget to move my car and then get a ticket. So I'll be using my phone alarm more often to remind me. That midday walk is now mandatory -- not such a bad thing.

*****

By the way, the software update last night was not Version 10. No one is getting that yet.

*****

Today's Odometre Reading: 29,790 kms

My referral code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)