Saturday, September 21, 2019

DAY 158: He's Never Been In an Electric Car Before

It's been almost 3 weeks since coming back from my epic road trip. I decided to take the first weekend back to stay at home and rest, clean up (ahem, kind of), and recuperate. The second weekend was pouring rain and not enough time to plan anything.

So this third Saturday, I decided I missed spending time with Sparky on the road... rain or shine. Turns out the weather was in-between -- which means it was nice and cool, and perfect for outdoor walking!

But I had one stop to make first. I had lost my headphones on my road trip, and the best deal was through Facebook Marketplace at a location pretty far from me, but on route to Othello Tunnels, where I was headed today.

When the seller came out, he saw my Tesla.

Him: Is that an electric car?

Me: Yes, it's a Tesla.

Him: I don't think I've ever seen one before. It is really no gas?

Me: Yes! In fact, I just finished a 34 day road trip across the country in it.

Him: But how do you keep in charged?

Me: Tesla has a network of Superchargers that charge really fast.

Him: That must take a lot of planning to figure out where you are going to charge.

Me: Well, once you are a Tesla owner, the car tells you where all the chargers are, and does all the planning for you.

Him: Weren't you scare you were going to run out of energy and get stuck?

Me: It's like a gas tank. You would never run your gas tank to empty. The car has so many warnings and planning tools, the only way you run out of energy is if you intentionally ignore everything the car tells you.

Of course by this time, he was so intrigued that I had to let him sit in the car! When I saw the long driveway he had, I let him drive it up. Being a stranger to me (but a super friendly guy), I wasn't sure I was comfortable taking it for a test drive. But already he was so impressed by the single screen, and how quiet and responsive the driving was, it was enough.

"This really is the future!" he said, and was already convinced that he wanted one.

Always a pleasure introducing my Tesla to someone new, and witnessing their minds opening up and to realize how "normal" an electric vehicle is. It never gets old!!

*****

I had randomly found the Othello Tunnels on Google Maps and was intrigued. This definitely has to make it onto Tesla's "favorites" tool as a place to go! The hike is barely a hike... it's a 30 minute walk all the way through the tunnels. Then you can keep going, or just turn around and go back.

The tunnels were magnificent and the scenery reminds me of just how beautiful British Columbia is. After having travelled across the US and back, and witnessing the changing landscape in each state, BC really does have a special place in my heart.

Video and Picture time:

















*****

The Surrey Supercharger is getting just completely ridiculously busy!


The Hope Supercharger, on the other hand, I was one of only 2 Teslas there at a 10 charger station! Woohoo!

I also got to go back to my favorite coffee place in Hope. Love the Blue Moose Cafe!





*****
Today's Odometre Reading: 30,893

My referral code: somi22310




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)