Sunday, August 18, 2019

DAY 125: Back On the Road Again

It was a bittersweet parting after spending 10 days in Ontario/Quebec, and leaving my friend behind after a good time reconnecting.

I’m insanely tired from the drive today having “weathered” (pun intended) incredible treacherous rainfall through Ohio and Indiana. So I’ll have to keep this post short, though the experience in these last 3 days were far from insignificant!

The drive back from Montreal, I decided on a whim to take a detour through Ottawa. I had never been, and I thought it would be neat to see the Parliament Building. When I got there, it appeared that the Prime Minister had just arrived. I checked later to find out that House was in session that day.

First, I got stopped on the street by the police... but this time for the coolest reason ever!


Because the Prime Minister was in the building, the flag was flown. It was chiming, it was beautiful. Glad I went. Next time, I want to go inside!


*****

The next day, Saturday, it was all about my bucket list item: Niagara Falls!

I understand in experience now what it means to have your breath stolen. I absolutely could not get over how incredible this natural wonder hit me in person. I was so overwhelmed. So much more to experience that I didn’t do this time. So I will need another visit in the future. 


I did see the Tesla statue from afar. But was too exhausted and dehydrated to walk over to it. Word to the wise: avoid weekends during the summer.

*****

Today’s drive was all about survival. I have never driven in a rainstorm like that before. Virtually no visibility. Then again, I Sparky drove, not me. I am once again completely amazed at the level of safety that I received and experienced. In a rainsoaked windshield that could not be wiped fast enough to allow me to see the lines, my amazing Tesla managed to keep within the lane, drive safely at a decent speed without hydro-planing, and simply got me to safety. I put on my hazards, and I am sure that following Sparky meant that other cars were able to find their way to safety too.

(Dashcam footage to be inserted here at a later date)

Bravo, Tesla. You WOWed me again. This is absolutely the safest car on earth.

*****

Today’s Odometre Reading: 21,480 kms

KMs traveled on this road trip so far: 8118 kms

My referral code: somi22310






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)