Tuesday, June 4, 2019

DAY 50: I Forget How Much My Tesla Has

Had a walk with a friend today. I had been talking about Tesla since late 2015 when I made the decision to make that my next car. I'm sure my friends are completely sick of listening to me talk about it. Then again, they seemed to enjoy asking me if I know when I'm getting it... for all 3 years!


I found that once I got my Tesla -- like literally the day I took delivery -- I really stopped talking about it with anyone who didn't know much about Tesla. I mean, it's just tiring to talk about it so much once I got to experience it every day. I was convinced I was giving everyone test drives, but now I'm not much about talking about it anymore.

Well, it's been a month and a half now, and after having not really "fangirl-ed" about it for that long, when I was asked how I'm liking the car, the joy just started spewing out again. And as I explained one thing after another, it made me realize that the stuff that has normalized for me are still mind-boggling to those who have never heard it. Sentry Mode. Drive-on-Nav. Supercharging. I kept going on and on starting each part with "Oh yeah, and there's also..." I had stories for every feature. The time I caught on camera someone trying to get into my car (and others in the parkade), the clear-headedness after being on the road for 7 hours, the road trips I have planned -- FOR FREE! I mean, it's almost like I had to say them outloud to realize just what an amazing gift this car is.

Joy is relative, I realize. But somehow, this is not exactly that. This is liberation. I feel like I have my life back. I make the choices, not my wallet or my combustion engine. I look for where I want to go, and I don't think "If only I could" but instead, "When can I make that trip happen?"

Question: Should I get a Blackvue or a Go Pro for my big roadtrip this August? Hm...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)