Wednesday, June 26, 2019

DAY 72: Whew! That Was Close!

Today I parked at one of those parking spots that had a cement curb in front of me. And it was definitely a close call, no thanks to Sparky.


If you look carefully, the curb came ever so close to scratching my paint!  Yikes!

From the driver's seat, I think the car was judging between its front nose, and the tree that was planted directly ahead (you can see a tree in the background as an example of how it's positioned).

According to the sensor, I still had a good 58 cms left before I decided to stop. My spidey-senses felt like I was getting too close. And when I got out of my Tesla, sure enough, I was right.


I'm an anxious person by nature, and it served me well this time around. Teslas are not perfect at predicting the world around them -- not at this yet -- and it's best to keep that in mind.

***

Today, I had a rough day at work. It's not that it was a particularly bad day (though it is generally quite stressful around the office these days), but for some reason it was really getting to me.

So there's NOTHING like getting into your pre-conditioned cabin of your Tesla at the perfect temperature, drive without the normal stress -- even through rush hour -- blasting your favorite music on a superb sound system, taking off on open roads just because you can, and knowing that you are not paying for the fuel to have this experience. I drove in freedom, and honestly, it really helped.

I have the opportunity to rent an apartment right on campus where I work. I've been on the waiting list for over 2 years now, and back then, it made a lot of sense. I didn't want to drive in traffic every day and pay gas. I didn't want to spend a lot of time commuting.

But after having my Tesla for over 70 days, I'm starting to look further out to a place that might give me a garage where I can charge overnight, even if the commute is longer.

Perspectives and expectations really do change when your paradigm shifts. What a wonderful gift this Tesla is.

***

Saturday will be a day out with a couple of friends. A 45 minute drive is way too short. So I suggested a 1.5 hour drive!

Then on Sunday afternoon, I'm back in Portland for an overnight stay. Not quite enough time yet to go all the way to San Francisco, but I'm working on trying to figure that out.  Stay tuned for lots more pics. I have a lot of other places to go (and a return back to my favorite place from last time).

***

Today's Odometre Reading: 7323  kms.

My Referral Code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)