Monday, June 17, 2019

DAY 63: No More Than A Gas Car

I told someone today that I have already taken my Tesla on a trip to Portland. The response was "Really? And it made it?"

Yes, with only one stop for Supercharging. No different than a gas car that would have had to do.

Truthfully, I stopped twice. It took 7 hours there, and I was the only driver. So it felt better to stop and rest, and top up faster rather than try to run it to the full battery capacity.

***

Did you catch the interview with Elon Musk and Todd Howard at the E3 Conference? Elon spoke about releasing two new games to the Teslatari series. So it looks like I'll have to search for "Cup Head" and "Beach Buggy Racing 2" on Steam.



What I REALLY want are more of those "mindless" games like Mine Sweeper, Solitaire, Tetris, Bejeweled. These are games that work really well with a touchscreen and doesn't require having to fumble (or even carry around) a game controller. Because if you have tried to play any of the other games (except for 2048), playing it onscreen puts me in a big ball of stress.

Anyway, this E3 interview was a lot of fun!

***

Made some purchases on Amazon.

DEWHEL Jack Lift Point Pad Adapter for All Tesla Model 3 Models
I'll probably get my tires rotated before I take off on my month-long road trip this August. I've been talking about getting my Tesla for 2 years with my mechanic, Joe,  who used to work on my Honda. I really want to bring my Tesla in for the tire rotation, and I'm thinking I will need these Jack Lift Point Pads to make sure there's no damage to the underside. When I asked him if he has worked on a Tesla before, he said he always researches the car thoroughly before working on it, and this would be no different. I figure, this is just a wheel rotation so it's pretty low risk. And he's a very trustworthy mechanic -- hard to find these days! No wonder he's in such high demand all the time!

Memory Foam Car Neck Pillow Soft Leather Headrest for Driving Home Office Black 
I'm finding that the head rest in the Tesla doesn't fit my posture. In fact, it feels like my head is being pushed forward while the top of my back is not able to rest comfortably in the seat unless I slouch like crazy. I was hoping this kind of neck rest would help.

Nope, not working. Now it's protuding way to far out.

I was thinking of returning it, but then realized that it will come in really handy if I need to nap or even sleep in my car on my road trip(s), and my chair is in a complete reclined position. So I'm going to keep it around. I don't consider every purchase on Amazon a winner. I may just make it work, or I'll find someone to give it to!

JAMSWALL Xbox 360 Wired Controller,2.4GHZ Game Controller Gamepad Joystick Xbox
Yes, I caved and bought one. I can't resist experiencing everything this car offers -- including Tempest! (Wow, I LOVED that game in my teenage years!)


***

Today's Odometre Reading: 6349 kms


After Thought: Why haven't I posted my Tesla Referral Code on my blog yet?
https://ts.la/somi22310



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)