Wednesday, June 5, 2019

DAY 51: I Just Keep Blowing Minds

Another co-worker today just had her mind blown by my Tesla... and she doesn't even know what it looks like yet!

I told her I got a Tesla, and she had a completely confused look on her face. Apparently, she has never heard of one before. Yes, those people exist, and many are in my office.

Me: It's an electric car.

Her: Oh like a Hybrid?

Me: You've never heard of a Tesla, have you?

Her: No. Is it any good?

Me: It's a fully electric car. I never pay for gas...

Her: Really?!?! I hate paying for gas! But how far does it go?

Me: Well, my car goes about 525 kms.

Her: (mind starting to warm up) Really?!?!

Me: Yes, but that's because it's a Tesla. Other electric cars can't go that far yet. I just park here at work and plug my car in, and my battery is full when I go home.

Her: Oh wow!

Me: And it can drive by itself. I went to Portland, and it drove me there about 90% of the way.

Her: What?!?! There are cars that can do that? (mind blown)

Me: Sure!

Her: You know what would be amazing is if it could park by itself.

Me: Oh mine does! And even some placed in the US, you can stand at the edge of a parking lot and summon your car to come to you from wherever it's parked.

Her: NO WAY! (mind blown again). I didn't know technology has gotten that far!

Me: Oh and there's more.

I open YouTube to the Sentry Mode footage of the parkade that she parks in with me.

Me: Take a look at this!

Her: (as she's watching) What am I looking at?



Me: That's my car recording a criminal event in our parkade. When it feels motion around it, it starts recording what's going on, and 10 minutes prior to the event. I caught all of this on my camera, and gave it to the police.

Her: That's amazing! I didn't know a car could do that! I am really behind on technology.

Me: Naw, you aren't. Tesla is just really advanced, and now all the other car companies are trying to catch up.

She congratulated me for my purchase, and now, I really should give her a ride. She's already amazed, and she hasn't even seen the car yet... the glass roof, the one screen console, the air vents, the frunk, emissions mode, Teslatari...

Oh I'm loving this car!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)