Sunday, June 16, 2019

DAY 62: I'll Leave When I'm Good and Ready!

Now that the weather is getting hotter, I'm finding myself forgetting to condition the battery through my app about 20 minutes before I start driving.


I realize now after 60 days of ownership that this really is unnecessary with a long range battery, as the only real consequence is that I lose a little bit of efficiency at the start of the drive while the battery gets to it's optimal temperature during the first few minutes. So I lose a few kms! With 500kms of range on a regular basis, that's a very small price to pay. I mean, my Sentry Mode steals more kms than that, and I'm just fine!

But now that it's getting hot, I have a second reason to make sure I remember to condition my battery ahead of time -- and that's the bonus that goes along with it -- preparing the cabin temperature. With black "leather" interior (actually vegan leather), I really want the cabin to be cooled down before I get in. Today I was in a skirt, so it was extra desirable to have the car seats cooled down before it touched my bare skin.

So what do I do when I forget? I turn on the conditioning to cool the car, and then wait around comfortably, pull out my phone to check my FB or email, talk to people, take a trip to the bathroom... whatever!

I will get going when I'm good and ready! :)

I recall in my Honda Civic, suffering in the cabin with the air conditioning blasting, waiting for the air conditioner itself to cool down enough to spew out cool air while I drive (sometimes rolling down the windows in the meantime), and then waiting for the cabin temperature to slowly come down. Often, it took the entire ride to my destination to get comfortable, which is pretty useless.

I notice with the Tesla, the cool air (or warm air if needed) feels more instantaneous, and the job of cooling down the cabin is so much faster!

I explained it this way: I'M SO SPOILED! 
(It's about time! I've suffered with POS cars for long enough!)

***

Today's Odometre Reading: 6307 kms


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)