Tuesday, June 18, 2019

DAY 64: I Finally Figured Out Searching in Tune In

Yes, it's day 64 of ownership, and I have only just now figured out how to find my favorite podcasts in my Tesla through Tune In. I have been replying to tweets and posting in Facebook asking about this and not getting any clear response.

Somehow the voice search doesn't pull out my favorite Tesla podcasts, like Ride the Lightning, and Tesla Daily. Now my "recents" are full of mistakes that it made while searching.

Someone suggested that I need to sign up with Tune In with a free account -- which I realize now you can't do in the phone app because it only gives you the option for a free trial. No signing up in the Tesla as well. I did go to their website, and it turns out I was able to make a free account there.

Then I went to my Tesla in anticipation... hoping to see something different when I signed in. One change: it shows my email address that I used to sign in with (I won't talk how sensitive I am about displaying personal information even if it's only when I'm in the car... )

Then I spotted it.... the magnifying glass icon.


*insert FACEPALM here*

Like seriously, how long has that been there?

I loaded up all my favorites and was proud of myself. I tried using it today to listen to my podcasts, and while it doesn't seem any better than my phone, at least my iphone Podcast app gives me a lot more control, not to mention, I have it set up to delete episodes I've already heard. I wonder if the subscription service provides this. The thing is, I am not prepared to plunk down more money on yet ANOTHER music subscription that I don't need just so I can play these in my Tesla when it work perfectly well on my phone. Sorry. I won't do it.

Steve Jobs set this in motion -- to have full functionality of Apple apps as soon as you bought your phone. He would not be on board with all of the "subscription" services that Apple is trying to create to generate more income. But I digress...

Why Tesla won't provide Spotify service to North Americans is beyond my comprehension. For the time being, I will continue to connect my phone (as it loves to disconnect on a regular basis), and fumble around on my apple apps to play what I want in the car. It's really not much different from the ICE cars I could have bought -- which is a horrible thing to say about Teslas.

FYI: Yes, I'm still in love with my Sparky!

***

Ooh! I just saw this on my phone!


Let's do it!!

***

Odometre Reading Today: 6391 kms

My Referral Code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)