Saturday, June 22, 2019

DAY 68: Automatic Battery Preconditioning Works!

I couldn't help myself. I went back to Anacortes, Washington today... this time with a co-worker friend. Some amazing new discoveries and experiences.

Let me just get this out of the way first... Rockfish Grill in Anacortes was a bust. The semi-glorified Fish and Chips is not measure up to some of the casual reviews. Panko breaded pre-frozen fish, factory waffle chips, and bottled salad dressing -- not to mention ketchup mixed into the what only tasted like Thousand Island Dressing instead of tartar sauce. We were both quite disappointed.

***

Okay, on to the good stuff!!

Preconditioned Battery

Similar to last time, I headed to the Burlington Supercharger and YET AGAIN forgot to take a picture! But here's a shot from Google Maps.

From Google Maps: You can see the shadows of the superchargers on the ground.
About 20 minutes prior to arrival, I received a notification on my screen:


I remember this software update, and I assumed this was always happening the background. But this time, I actually received a notificaton, and so I was excited.

Sure enough, the charging was definitely faster than what I have typically experienced. Fantastic!!!! However, I did raise the charging limit up to 100% (expecting not to let it go that far), so that we had time to have our nature visit and just rest.

Complimentary Breakfast

I learned my lesson from last week about eating greasy breakfast, and instead headed into the Fairfield Inn & Suites, the establishment that hosts the Superchargers. This is really the first time I've ever headed into the host building. I was ready to be looked at like a leecher who just came in to use up their washroom supplies for free.

But I was SO pleasantly surprised. It felt like the host actually welcomes Tesla owners in, makes them feel at home, gives them a free coffee fill up, and even treats them to breakfast! YES! The we were lucky today to catch the continental breakfast at the very end as they were getting ready to clear it out. As a result, they said just to help ourselves to anything available. There was hot scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, Canadian ham, oatmeal, make-yourself waffles, yogurt, fruit.... not too shabby.

I'm told that the hot coffee is available 24 hours a day (as is the washrooms), and if you come earlier for breakfast, they will only charge you a minimal $5 to help yourself. There's a super comfortable seating area in the lobby, a small but very stashed snacking area for the road, cold fruit-infused water, complimentary wifi, and just a very pleasant atmosphere!

Ya know, this makes up for the fact that there are limited options for food around. I'm beginning to really like the Burlington Supercharger!

Anacortes

Today, we headed directly to the Anacortes Farmers Market again. Same vendors, but now with a friend.



This time, I bought the goat's milk soap! I didn't want to have that regret again.

Ariba Pizza for the wood-roasted pizzas! And fresh (and kinda dirty) strawberries on the side.

M&M Pizza with added arugula


Afterwards we headed back to the main strip of Old Downtown Anacortes, and went back to Pelican Bay Books and Alley Cat Antiques.

But there were so many other great places to visit.

First, here's a place I will likely be eating lunch at next time! Pita J's was a fabulous little find, and the menu looks scrumptious! As I had already eaten, I opted for their Greek fries, which had pepper and feta, and a lemon wedge.


Doesn't seem like much... but the combination was fabulous, and the price of $3 is pretty much unbeatable. They were deep-fried fresh, and you could tell the quality was outstanding. Pita breads imported from Vancouver (heehee), beef from Australia, and top rating with health inspections (which is a weird thing to say, but abundantly important considering I was feeling queezy from eating a bad strawberry earlier). The menu just makes my mouth water.



Perhaps our favorite stop was Anacortes Oil & Vinegar Tasting Bar. Believe me, this artisan find really made me an instant fan.



Just the sheer options of white and dark balsamics, and the infused olive oils was incredible. And if you give them a bit of time to warm up and give you some favorite combinations, I guarantee, you will be walking out with a bounty!










Our favorite has to be the combination of the white balsamic honey ginger together with the lime infused olive oil. One sip, and by sour tummy was healed! It's a must for roast poultry, and she even suggests a touch of white balsamic in sparkling water as a refreshing drink.

And after shopping at the more pricey antique shop named after a cat, we found a Thift Shop with killer deals and adorable offerings!



Another score at Anacortes, and a list of more sights to see there! Yes, I will be going back!

I do have a new eatery to try. I heard that the clam chowder is served with the clams IN SHELL! (the flavor of the broth I can only imagine will be wonderful!)

***

I did have to take Sparky through the shower today. It's been over two weeks of excursions, and I just couldn't take his spotty exterior any longer!

One of these days I'll post what I do to prepare Sparky for the car wash. There's several steps to do. And some key areas to wipe off after you're done so the soap doesn't stain or dry on the paint. This'll be a future post.

***

Today's Odometre Reading: 7028 kms

My Referral Code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)