Wednesday, July 3, 2019

DAY 75: Hanging Out in Fort Langley

Work at the university this year has been -- challenging. It was time for me and a couple of co-workers to hang out on a Saturday and just blow off our steam. Choice of destination: Fort Langley.

We had a lot of gabbing to do, so I didn't do my usual "Watch This!" to demonstrate autopilot and Navigate. I just turned it on, and joined in on the conversation. It was at least nice to use the HOV lane, considering I REFUSE to get a HOV sticker to put on my Tesla!!

First stop: Krause Berry Farms and Estate Winery.










Personally, berry picking feels like work, not play. But I guess if you love fruit, and don't want to pay the premium price for it in the markets, this is for you!

We then headed to Fort Langley where we had a lovely, delicious lunch at Wendels Bookstore & Cafe.



Chicken Avocado Wrap

Blackened Salmon Burger

Lemon Meringue

If you have not walked down Fort Langley, it's a bit like walking into a storybook world. The scene completely changes, and the lack of corporate box stores makes this place quaint and unique.

The CN Rail Museum was such a pleasant find! Historically significant, and a wonderful display. Don't miss the walk through the caboose!!




Going back to Vancouver, we ended the day ordering in Korean Fried Chicken... and holy cow, this was delicious! We ordered a whole chicken (chopped up of course) for just the three of us. We couldn't quite finish it, but it was definitely finger-lickin good!


We did have some "Oh Wow! This Car Is Amazing" moments though. I had my chance to demonstrate, but mostly talk about the incredible safety in this car. The fact that it will stop if you don't respond to holding the wheel... that's just amazing!

My colleague kept saying "You should work for Tesla!"

I smiled to myself (I already do... I'm just not paid for it.)  hehe.

***

Odometre Reading: 7629 kms

My Referral Code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)