Friday, July 26, 2019

DAY 102: Back to Tesla Service

Arrived at work today, and my Tesla would not charge with the J1772 adapter. I thought maybe it was a broken charger, so I switched parking spots. Same thing.

Yesterday, I had a similar problem, though at that time it did eventually start charging, and then stopped after about an hour. And when I tried again, nothing. Yesterday I connected to Tesla chat roadside assistance (very fast response), and they recommended that I power down the car for about 5 minutes and then do a hard reboot. It worked!!! But it was nearer to the end of the work day, so there was little time left to charge.

Having that limited success yesterday, I tried those steps again this morning. Power down the car, and then a hard reboot. Nothing.

I started to connect to Tesla chat again, when it dawned on me... Tesla Service is only a 15 min drive from work. So I headed there right away and let the front desk service lady know what had happened. She furiously typed in my explanation on my account record, and then disappeared to ask the service technician if they could see me car.  The answer was yes.

I pulled up into a service bay they opened for me, and the technician patiently (I mean really patient) listen to my FULL panicked explanation. Tried charging many times! As long as it can Supercharge, I’m okay for now, but I don’t know if that even works! I’m away on a road trip for the weekend! I am leaving for a month road trip next week and I really need to know my car will be okay! (Yeah, I’m a spaz!)

After I was done with my emotional expelling, he smiled and said “Sure, we can take a look at that for ya! If you could just wait in the waiting room for now.”

Sitting in the waiting room, it felt remarkably similar leaving your baby with the doctor while you helplessly wait for a diagnosis, hoping it’s not serious or even fatal. I decided I had to keep myself distracted. A whole inbox full of work emails, and another letting my work know I will be late coming in.

All of 10 minutes went by, and the Tesla Service “Doc” came into the room.

Tesla: We know what the problem is.

Me: (thinking: Dude, that’s a GREAT first sentence for an emotional spaz like me. HAHA!)

Tesla: It just needs some lubrication.

Me: (thinking with a confused face: Dude, what the heck are you talking about).

Tesla: There’s a prong inside that should slide in and out when the adaptor is inserted, and it’s getting stuck. It just needs some lubricant.

Me: (relieved) Oh that makes sense with what I experienced!

Tesla: If you wouldn’t mind leaving your car with us for about an hour.

Me: That’s great! I wouldn’t mind finding some wifi.

Tesla:  Well, there’s lots of great coffee shops in the area.

He is indeed correct!! LOTS! I headed towards Beacoup Bakery & Cafe.





I have to say, if you have never had a true Parisian butter croissant, or just miss having them, you need to try this place! I may be biased because it was founded by an incredible woman, artistic visionary, and author... and friend, Jackie Kai.

But read the reviews. They speak for themselves.

Now going back to my Tesla Divas Facebook page for some company.

Off to Monroe, Washington later today. I look forward to the adventures that await me there.

I hope Sparky is okay all alone. I miss him!

*****

Yesterday’s Odometre Reading (today not over yet): 11,756 kms






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)