Friday, July 19, 2019

DAY 95: Nailed by a Bird

On my way to work this morning, Sparky got nailed by a bird. By the looks of it, Sparky was in motion when he was hit. The bird had impeccable aim, leaving me a disgusting mess to clean up.



Yes, right on the door handle inside the crevices and everything!

One good thing is that I carry around a bottle of my waterless wash spray. Another Tesla owner suggested it right from the start, and I have used it A LOT (especially with all the road trips I take).

Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 oz.


Cleaning it off was no easy task! My first problem is that I forgot to bring an extra microfibre cloth, which I usually wrap around the spray bottle when I store it in my car. I had brought the other one in the house to throw in the wash, and forgot to replace it with a fresh clean one. All I had available was leftover McDonald's napkins, which I cringed at the thought of using.

But I had no choice. The acid in the bird urine will ruin my paint! 

I sprayed the area, and reluctantly (and gently) used the fast food napkin to wipe off the "white stuff". It turns out, it worked great! These cheap napkins where SO cheap that they almost disintegrate like toilet paper. So whatever rough textures were originally there, they were softened to nothing when they got wet.

Cleaning the crevice of the door handle was particularly easy with the napkin because when folded a couple of times, it fit into the gap perfectly and wiped really well. Again, it was so wet that it didn't scratch the paint.  Whew!

I could tell when I cleaned it, the sh*t was fresh. It wasn't dried or caked on. So the cleaning was much easier than expected... not like when I come out from my home to find dried white dots on my hood that I have to practically rub it off.

***

It was especially important to clean this mess today because I had another co-worker guest going out to lunch with me. She has never ridden in a Tesla and Sparky's door handle was far from presentable. I'm glad I caught it before I left the parking lot.

It was off to Sofra in Kerrisdale area of Vancouver. I went there once before, and I just had to go again. It was delicious, and very generous on the portions.

Chicken Shwarma Plate


I'm definitely getting better at introducing the car to people, but not getting out of hand that all I talk about is Tesla. I find it's easier to sit back, and let the guest ask questions. I have to try to resist being such an eager beaver! :D

Off to Seattle tomorrow. I can't believe I haven't made a trip there as a destination yet in Sparky. It's gonna be a hot one. Should be fun at Pike Market!

***

Today's Odometre Reading: 10,604 kms

-->My Referral Code: somi22310



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)