Wednesday, July 17, 2019

DAY 93: It Should Be Okay

I decided to venture back on Tesla chat to get some assurance about my Service Appointment next week. Until now, every service appointment I have scheduled turned into a mobile service appointment within a couple of days. But after waiting over a week with no follow up on this appointment, I realized that I would have to physically bring my car, and be without Sparky this time for at least a day. So I wanted to make sure this didn't turn into a long drawn out appointment, taking days or weeks. After all, I'm leaving the country with Sparky in August.

I asked in chat if there was an estimated time of repair for my appointment. They asked for the last 6 digits of my VIN and then asked for a moment while they looked into it.

It took a while, and I'm guessing they actually contacted the Vancouver service store to let them know my concern. I received a response back saying that they are told by the service staff there it shouldn't be more than a day.

Almost immediately afterwards, I got an email from the Vancouver store asking for more information, and the charging timestamps for using my adapter (which doesn't seem to work with the charging port anymore). They asked me to bring my adapter with me, and looks like they will do whatever possible to make sure I don't miss my long awaited road trip.

AWESOME! :)

It made me wonder... all of this complaining about Tesla service and their long waits -- perhaps the earlier adopters (even before me) did their due diligence to make sure the company knows what to address so that someone like me, a later adopter, could benefit from that!

All this to say, I've not had a bad experience with Tesla yet. *knock on wood*

***

Took a work friend out for a drive to lunch off-campus. It's like my Tesla is just old news now. :)

If you have not tried Aphrodite's Cafe in the Westside of Vancouver, you are missing out! Brunch here is AMAZING!!




Mushroom Bennie

Mixed Grill Hash



***

Still trying to decide between Seattle or Kamloops this weekend. I'm thinking Seattle is going to win. I'm little concerned about wearing my tires out more before they are rotated. But I just can't resist it. Staying home on a Saturday is just TOO PAINFUL!

Sparky and I need to FLY!

***

Now this important update from Neuralink.  INCREDIBLE!  (starts at 34:32)



***

Today's Odometre Reading: 10,497 kms


-->My Referral Code: somi22310


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)