Thursday, July 4, 2019

DAY 80: Over 100 Kilometres Per Day

Yes, it's true. My odometre hit 8911 kms on Day 80 of ownership. That's an average of just over 111 kms a day! The plan was to have my tires rotated at 9000 kms, but the earliest service appointment I could get was July 24th which just happens to be my 100th Day of ownership!  And the sad thing is, it's possible I will be without Sparky from that day until they finish servicing the charge port. (how sad).  I guess I will have to have a big belated 100 Day anniversary celebration... you know, just the two of us with Romance Mode going!

There's not much to say today except that I had a moment of true appreciation for the lack of stress I feel when I drive every day.

Today, I worked an extra long work shift at the office of 11 hours. It was mentally taxing, and I took almost no breaks from my desk (bathroom only once!). After a day like this, the thought of driving home for 40 minutes doesn't exactly sound like fun.

But then again, you have to own a Tesla to think otherwise! Driving Sparky was my delight, not chore!

I was contemplating on my way home how incredible it was that I had the option to use Autopilot and let go of my driving responsibility (for the most part). Sparky has 22 super-eyes (12 sensors, 9 cameras, and a forward radar), and would keep me so much safer than my tired brain could ever do.

Then there's the noise... or the lack thereof. I realized how wonderful it is to sit in a cabin where the sounds of chaos outside are mostly sheltered by the gentle whirring of the electric engine, and the beautiful classical music that filled the inside cavity of my car. Immersive sound is definitely a win!

I am so fortunate to have the opportunity in my lifetime to own such a special possession as this. I am not rich. In fact, I have made some serious life sacrifices to afford this car -- and now that I have it -- oh it is SO WORTH IT, and then some.

I'm trying to remember what it was like to have to visit a gas station every week, and to feel the financial stress of the $65 dollar fill up that I dished out 4 times a month. Then there's that damn sticker inside my front window showing when to do my oil change, and my eye glancing at my odometre bracing myself for when I absolutely HAD to get it done. And then it's the annual maintenance of tune-ups and finding out I'm having to pay for WAY more than just the basic service. How did I live like this all these decades?

Life has changed for the better. There is nothing to argue there.

***

Today's Odometre Reading: 8911 kms

My Referral Code: somi22310


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)