Wednesday, July 24, 2019

DAY 100: Road Trip Is Planned!

It's here! Day ONE HUNDRED!

I'm in love with my Tesla even more than on day one. It's incredible. I'm pretty sure on day 100 of my Honda ownership, I was already bored with the car.

Well, the adventures are far from over!!

Last night I planned out my 4.5 week road trip... and here it is!

Using A Better Route Planner

I am beyond excited!

*****

This thing I feel that has developed over these last 100 days... is unfamiliar to me.  People call it "wanderlust". I call it... liberation.

Essentially all my life, I have craved living in reclusion. Even when I travelled around the world and was the wild gal who planned incredible trips and events non-stop, I always looked forward to being alone. So every decade, when I had a complete mental breakdown, I disappeared into my place. NOBODY saw me for months on end. I stopped answering my phone. It would take me a couple of years to even figure out how to come out and meet people again.

Major depression has been my closest friend and worst enemy since I was a child.

Now before it looks like Tesla cured me, I need to emphasize that I went through (and continue to go through) years of counselling. I worked hard to break my mental habits and find way to grow into my own self. But I've always sought being alone. In fact, I feel the best when I'm alone! I'm never bored, never lonely... I like it.

But I noticed since getting my Tesla, I never want to be home. I don't know what this is, but now I understand why people love to travel. The last 8 weekends, I take off to somewhere new and exciting. I research sites to see, and just go! Sometimes I take people with me. Sometimes I go alone. As long as I'm driving SOMEWHERE, I am happy.

I mentioned that on my way back from my first trip to Portland, I began to cry. I realized that this "trapped" feeling I've felt all my life, this powerless feeling of being controlled, took another big step out from my life. This car... this THING that Tesla has made... has de-institutionalized decades of trauma. I have been working so much on being mentally free -- but now, I am physically free. I go where I want, and am not paying for it from my wallet or from my mental fitness. I just go -- for however long I want -- and arrive like I had just been teleported there instantly. No tired body, no tired mind.

My boundaries of existence have just been expanded far beyond what I had ever imagined. I am not familiar with this feeling, and all I know to do is feed it. And so I am going to drive for 4.5 weeks, most of the time on the road, and just enjoy.

Cheapest therapy on earth.

*****

Speaking of which, I finally unlocked the last level of Beach Buggy 2 -- Mars. And the portion of the track that goes into Mars changes the weight of gravity as well as you drive. It's hilarious!!  (nice touch, Tesla!)

I would love to see "Sparky" as my name on the leaderboard. All the other computer drivers get name, and I get "Player One". Lame.

*****

Software update from my service appointment yesterday brought me to 2019.24.4. Chademo charging now activated in Model 3!!  But the adapter is crazy expensive. I think I'll just stay on the supercharger routes for the time being.  Once I want to start travelling far north in BC, and need the BC Hydro chargers (when there are enough), I'll consider getting the adapter.


https://shop.tesla.com/ca/en/product/vehicle-accessories/chademo-adapter.html

*****

Tesla Q2 Earnings Call starts at 13:11:



*****

Today's Odometre Reading: 11,650 kms

My Referral Code: somi22310



1 comment:

  1. I'm tearing up as I read this - I felt a very similar feeling when I got my Sparky. This feeling of wanting to drive and go places. And I did. I went places that weren't even that far from my home that I never experienced before because now driving in this incredible machine does feel like freedom. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for responding! :)