Sunday, July 7, 2019

DAY 83: So Many Trip Options

I arrive back at home today at around 12:30PM. I sat in my parked Tesla in front of my home, and thought "I'm really not finished driving yet." Gotta love how I don't think about the cost (or waste) of gas for more joy riding.

This morning, someone told me about a place called Rocket Donutshttp://www.rocketdonuts.com/ in Bellingham, and I figured, why not? It was an easy half-day road trip, and I could hit Trader Joe's and a great taco place a friend suggested.

I headed to the Supercharger at Guildford to charge up and get ready for the ride. After all, I can depend on charging at work these days with my defective charge port, so I wanted to have the extra kms ready for my work week. I unlocked 2 more tracks in Beach Buggy Racing 2, and got a bit of rest.

I headed to the border with anticipated joy... loving how I can just decide on a whim to go for a drive with no guilt or concern. Then I hit the traffic to the border. It was the worst I've ever experienced in my 30+ years of driving over the border. In 30 minutes, I must have moved a total of FIVE car lengths... I suspect all from cars in front of me who bailed out of the line, did a U-turn back to where they came from. When I didn't move for 10 minutes, it was time for me to do the same.

But I didn't go back home. I headed out to the next border crossing at Aldergrove. I was even willing to go as far as Sumas. When I drove the extra 20 kms to get to Aldergrove, I saw the border wait estimates, and decided that going to the States today was not a good option. I decided to go home.

***

I used to work at Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Surrey -- for 6 years. When you are at a location that long, you get to know a lot of good eateries around the area. It's been almost 10 years since I had any of those select places, and today, that's what I did. I revisited all my favourite places.

The best deal on genuine Indian veggie samosas... anywhere.  Can't beat $1.50 for two!!






There's also my favourite lunch place called Gulberg. My regular choice is the chicken donair platter.. sounds generic, but it's not your regular run of the mill. This place has held up even after 10 years!


And then, of course, because I already wanted donuts... I had to hit the only Krispy Kreme in the Greater Vancouver area!


It's been 10 years since I've had these... and I loved it!

Great way to end the day!

***

Today's Odometre Reading: 9305 kms

 My Referral Code: somi22310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for responding! :)